.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Noodling around

I did finally make the "Sesame Chicken" from the latest Cook's Illustrated. Well, I didn't follow the recipe in my somewhat distracted state, so I ended up tweaking, and then tweaking back, but it's got real potential. One of my tweaks (as I over toasted the sesame some) was putting in twice the quantity of peanut butter, and it thus resembled the Spicy Peanut Sauce I got from Cooking Light. With less work in some departments (no dirty saucepan or requirement to simmer). I also strongly preferred the More Veggie aspect of the Cooking Light original version, as the grated carrots just weren't enough for me. I will be doing this again (with the shortcut of using tahini, although the toasted seeds on the finished dish were mighty tasty) and working up Spicy Peanut-Sesame Sauce when I have a chance. It deserves inclusion in the weeknight repertory. Excellent comfort food!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home