.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Pancakes!

Inspired by this bit of liturgical tomfoolery posted by Dave, I decided to abandon previous dinner plans and make pancakes for dinner tonight (Shrove Tuesday, Mardi Gras).

I used the recipe in Fannie Farmer. I seem to recall that I had used it before, but it had way too much baking powder in it and the cakes tasted off. They were fine with the last of the June Taylor pear-vanilla butter, but not really good on their own. More butter? More sugar? Less BP? Maybe the next time I get an urge for homemade pancakes (which isn't often), I will remember which recipe I used last time. (It was good.)

Perhaps next Shrove Tuesday I will feel energetic enough to make English/French style pancakes (crepes in French) instead.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home