.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, December 30, 2005

In Praise of the Store Cupboard

It's been wet here lately. As I was going home tonight I was wondering what to have for dinner. I had a slight hankering for tuna-noodle casserole, but that would have involved going to the store for cheese. Other supplies are a little bare at the moment because I "ate down" before Christmas and have eaten through the turkey breast that I got sent home with.

But en route I thought that I could make myself something noodly ... with either a broccoli sauce, a simple tomato sauce, and I might have the ingredients around for spicy peanut sauce, which I could eat with the broccoli.

And then when I opened up the fridge door, I had slab bacon (from my stop at Pedrick Produce), so I could have bacon-and-avocado sandwiches.

Life is good!

The rain started bucketing down shortly after I got home, and is really making the radio fuzz at the moment, so I'm glad to not be out in it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home